Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The Real World

I find social media to be a smoke screen of people's lives, yet I seem to get caught up in believing in what I am seeing. Sure much of it is funny entertainment, there's the political or advertisement posts and then there are the photos (which is why I prefer Instagram to Facebook) but there is some that is just not how it appears. I personally am very open in my life and as a result I am transparent on social media as well. Many know of my fertility issues or if im sick or if something exciting happened that day or that my family had a fun New Years in our pjs. It's just me, it's my Real World.

Scott and I recently were approved to adopt and what an exciting day that was to receive that amazing news. I was over the moon because I'm beyond ready to be a mom. But there's the other part that people don't consider when they suggest, "Why don't you just adopt". For one thing, it's expensive and those who adopt typically have just endured years of heartache and expensive treatments trying to have a biological child. You know how much easier life would be if we could just get pregnant naturally and only have to pay co-pays to have the child. I have wished that more times than I can count. Then there's the heartache that I see others going through with failed adoptions. Most of us have already endured month after month of heartache so I really feel for those women, I haven't experienced it so I can't say how it is firsthand but I can only imagine it is gut wrenching. 

I have put my faith in God that he will provide for us in growing our family and I pray always about it. Yet, I am human and sometimes that worry and doubt creeps up and I wonder how will we pay for this child (we already have so much debt from fertility treatments), will we even get "the call" that there is a baby for us, will they change their mind, all this and more goes fleeting through my brain. I know life consists of ups and downs and I know we are all on a mission to achieve that one thing ( or many things in some cases) but I hope we all get our one thing in 2016. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment