Sunday, April 24, 2016

Blessings Abound

In 2008, Scott and I got married at North Naples Methodist Church in their little white chapel by Pastor Ted. We love our Pastor and I couldn't wait for the day he would baptize our child.

I used to sit in the back left of the church where many young families sit with their wee ones and I would cry almost every Sunday because I wanted to be a mommy so badly. Today, I cried tears of joy. God is good and his unfailing love for us as Christians is awesome and I am thankful for Him everyday. I can't imagine not having God in our lives because if it were not for Him, we would be nothing and have nothing. Sure, bad things happen and I never wanted or expected to be infertile however, without the bad we don't appreciate the good.

We started participating on the connection team for our church last year and one Sunday while greeting Scott and I said to one another we really hoped we would be parents before Pastor Ted retired. Well, that day was today and we were so excited!

It was a bit surreal standing up there while Pastor Ted baptized OUR son, we waited for so long and now the time is here, wow! I want to thank everyone who has supported us through our journey to parenthood, we are forever grateful! Thank you to our amazing church and our awesome pastor!

No comments:

Post a Comment